In theory, I love high heels.
In practice, I am a fat girl with short legs, small feet, horrible depth perception, and not one, single ounce of grace in my entire body.
Not only am I horrendously clumsy, thus increasing my chances of turning an ankle or faceplanting every time I wear a heel above half an inch, but they always make my feet want to fall off and die within the first five minutes.
My relationship with heels is so acrimonious that for my wedding, I wore a pair of Doc Marten boots – with platforms.
I know I cannot be the only short girl with a crap sense of balance who still wants to wear heels occasionally, yes?
Please tell me I'm not alone.
Let's compare scars – but first, let's check out these heels that just might work for us … without making us fall on our faces or our butts.
1. Dancey Drew Heel in Parchment
Get it here: modcloth.com
So, as you'll see, ModCloth is my personal go-to spot for heels.
I'll get everything else at Payless, but ModCloth seems to get the whole short-girl-in-heels problem quite well.
Also, they sell beautiful shoes.
Now that that's out of the way, here's my first pair!
Not quite heels, not quite Oxfords, these are adorable – and safe!
That little heel won't make you fall!
- 21 Gorgeous Flats for Girls Who Don't like Heels ...
- Incredibly Refreshing Popsicles 🍡🍧 for Girls Who Want to Cool down in Seconds ❄️⏰ ...
- 8 High Waisted Shorts ...
- How to Master ✌🏼️ the Art of Wearing Heels 👠 for Girls Who Can't Get the Hang of It 😖 ...
- The Curvy Girl's Guide to Shorts ...
- 15 Must Have Ankle Boots 👢All Fashionistas Need Right Now ...